Saturday, October 16, 2010

Reward

A couple of days ago me and my three kids went to Chuck E Cheese. Believe it or not, my kids have never been there before (am I a terrible mother or just wise?), but my 9 year old son, came up to me a little bit over a month ago trying to make a deal. He and his sister, who overheard the conversation and joined in the negotiations, promised me that if I took them to Chuck E Cheese's they would read everyday...OK, maybe not everyday but, every...weekday (their wording), without complaining and whining (their typical reaction), for 30 minutes. Hey, when you get a chance to make your life easier while getting your kids to do homework, you jump at it. I can't say there weren't any relapses, some breakdowns and make-up days, but for the most part it went a lot smoother than usual. I have made similar "deals" with my kids before, but the usual outcome was discouragement, after all, a month is like an eternity to them and common responses to a friendly reminder of our deal was not taken so...peacefully.

I could not believe it. They did it !!!! We did it !!! Yes, I do deserve "some" acknowledgement, all mothers do. My gosh, it is not an easy task. :P But, I have seen a big improvement in my son's reading. Poor thing, he is dyslexic and school has been really hard for him.

Now they've seen it, and done it, now what?  They don't care so much about going there again. I have to find another bribe, errrr, I mean, motivation. Anyone have ideas? Please make them good because when it comes to "deals", they should have gotten a Master's in business already...funny how that works, huh?!

Until the next time me and my kids play Deal or No Deal, here are the pics from C E C's.

Older brother went along for the ride. Hummm, my bathroom needed cleaning,
should have make a deal with him. hehehe

Don't know if you can tell, but she has some tongue action going on.



For the money I spent in tokens, I could have bought them a REAL toy.
Of course, I could not have bought the good times we had together. Corny, but true.



No comments:

Post a Comment